FDC autographed by Somnath Chattopadhyay, former speaker of Lok Sabha (Parliament), Prof Debi Prasad Chattopadhyay, President, The National Council of Education and Sekhar Dutt, Governor of Chhattisgarh.
The cover was canceled at the Jadavpur Unversity Post Office
The National Council of Education (NCE) came into being during 1905-06 Swadeshi Movements. In 1910 the Society for the Promotion of Technical Education in Bengal which looked after Bengal Technical Institute (which later became College of Engineering and Technology, Bengal) was amalgamated to National Council of Education.
Calcutta Corporation under the guidance of its Mayor Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das leased out to N.C.E. the present site of Jadavpur Campus where its Engineering College was shifted in 1924. The Aurobindo Building, now housing the admin1istrative offices, used to be the venue of teaching of the Engineering College.(http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/index.php).